Thoses scripts and templates will allow you to create statistics for wifi interfaces on a Linux host.
Only wifi specifics parameters will be graphed as traffic can be done by others methods.
You will be able to see :
- Connection bit rate (Mb/s)
- Quality of the link (%)
- Signal and Noise level (dBm)
The values are gather from output of iwconfig command. Listing of interfaces is from /proc/net/wireless pseudo file.
This is my first attempt to create some templates for Cacti. So use it at your own risks :)
Please report every bug, problems or patchs.
- Copy script_queries/wifiStatistics.xml script_queries directory
cp script_queries/wifiStatistics.xml /usr/share/cacti/resource/script_queries/
- Copy scripts/cacti_iwconfig.pl file to your scripts directory
cp scripts/cacti_iwconfig.pl /usr/share/cacti/site/scripts/
- Import the XML files from the templates directory
- 3 graph_template
- Select a "Device" with some wifi interfaces
- Add the "Linux - Wifi Statistics" "Data Query" to it
- In the "Create New Graphs" for this host, choose the "Wifi Interface" and the "graph type" and click "create"
- Wait a little and see your new graphs
Send me an email at buggerone (at) gmail (dot) com
You can also see the announce in the cacti forums