The 7150plus is a Digital Multimeter from Solartron with GPIB capabilities.
- AC & DC voltage ranges 0.2V to 1000V (5 ranges, true RMS on AC)
- Resistance ranges 2.0kohm to 20Mohm (5 ranges)
- DC current to 2A, ac current to 2A
- Temperature measurement mode (-200ºC to +600ºC)
I've developed a small Python/PyQt interface to the GPIB basic functions. I've mainly done that to become familiar with GPIB. See screenshot on the side (Yes I'm also playing with Inkscape :) )
You can browse source from svn or download a tarball
- Start main.py
- Enter the device name and click on connect
- click Read to update the displayed value
- use Input function panel to change the DMM configuration
Jörg Hau has developed a program to control this device via GPIB. It's more advanced than mine and focused on data gathering and plotting with gnuplot.
I've done a very small patch against version 20051211 to add :
It can be downloaded here. To apply :
- capabilities for degrees C and F (modes 6 and 7)
- ylabel dependent on mode (V,mA,d°C ...) instead of being always V
patch -p1 < s7150-degrees.patch
gcc -Wall -O2 -lgpib -o s7150 s7150.c
./s7150 -m 6 Temperature
It has been tested on a kernel 2.6.22 with linux-gpib 3.2.11.